Posted: March 19, 2013
15 March 2013. The Australian Solar Cooling Interest Group (ausSCIG) supported by the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Airconditioning and Heating (AIRAH) will hold its 2013 solar cooling conference at CSIRO’s North Ryde Auditorium on Friday April 12, 2013.
According to the latest IEA Technology Roadmap on Solar Heating and Cooling published in June 2012 solar cooling is expected to play a significant role in air-conditioning worldwide, but especially in South East Asia. The roadmap vision is that around 20% of global air-conditioning needs to be covered in 2050 by solar cooling systems.
Therefore, the Australian Solar Cooling 2013 Conference is focusing on regional industry reports from Europe, China and Australia as well as technical sessions on latest component, system and industry developments and case studies. The conference will be supported by experts of the multi-country project of the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme "Quality Assurance and Support Measures for Solar Cooling (Task 48)".
The Australian Solar Cooling 2013 Conference at a glance:
- Date and time: 12 April 2013, 9:00 ¬ 17:00h
- Venue: CSIRO Riverside Life Sciences Centre, Riverside Corporate Park, 11 Julius Avenue, North Ryde, Australia
- Topics: The conference will cover all aspects of solar air-conditioning (including presentations from IEA SHC Task 48 experts):
o Solar air-conditioning components (Solar PV and Solar thermal)
o System, electricity grid and building integration
o Solar air-conditioning industry development measures and programs
o Case studies
- Program and registration:
In addition to the conference program, a Solar Cooling Training Course will be held on April 11 for those seeking an overview of the technical, economic and bigger picture aspects of solar cooling. The course will also provide design tips and technical case studies for industry specialists.
The IEA SHC project Quality Assurance and Support Measures for Solar Cooling (Task 48) will hold an expert meeting in Australia, just before the SAC conference – on 9-10 April 2013 in Newcastle, NSW, see task48.iea-shc.org/meeting04.
- Australian Solar Cooling 2013 conference:
- Australian Solar Cooling Interest Group:
- Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Airconditioning and Heating (AIRAH): www.airah.org.au
- IEA SHC website: www.iea-shc.org
- Project webpage: task48.iea-shc.org
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CISRO): www.csiro.au